Things to See and To Do
- Some of the world's best white water rafting (wild water rafting) in Jinja, the source of the Nile. Hiking / Trekking in the Rwenzori Mountains (Ruwenzori Mountains, also known as the Mountains of the Moon) with their snow-capped peaks.
- Hiking / Trekking in Mount Elgon National Park.
- Climbing the Virunga Volcanoes (Sabinio, Gahinga and Muhavura) in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, part of the Virunga National Park.
- Forest Walks in Kibale Forest, Budongo Forest, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Semuliki National Park.
- Visit Kampala, Uganda's modern and bustling cosmopolitan capitol, with the Kasubi Tombs, museums and craftcenters.
- Relax on the idyllic islands of Lake Victoria (Ssese Islands) and Lake Bunyonyi.
Meet the Local PeopleVisit local tribes, enjoy a typical African church ceremony or spend an afternoon with a local family.
Visit the pygmies and experience their unique culture.
Volunteer in local education, health care, or conservation projects.